Friday, February 02, 2007

Discombobulation


I am home today and already my sewing room is calling me. Just dh and me in the house til tomorrow and I don't have to go any where. Bailey is at a sleep away Model Congress, where the kids form committees and debate till all hours and then sleep on the floor of the host's house. And they love it. Sooo, I will get to play all day. DH is putting electric outlets in my painting studio so I will be able to use it even in the shorter hours of winter. Judy 
is doing an Hour a Day quilting challenge on her blog which I have joined. I believe Hanne did the last one and I loved the results. I have all of the fabric for this in my stash and even have the half square tris left over from my daughters wedding quilt and I am using Laurel Burch nickels from a nickel swap with blacks and brights. I am looking forward to this:)I will have to cut the units a little smaller because I will use the ones I have already made instead of starting from scratch. So my blocks will be little smaller
Lately I have been in a kind of flurry of trying to settle on a project to focus upon. I have flitted from Bear Paw to Dear Jane to beading to journal quilt to Baltimore to Machine applique. I haven't been able to settle on one. I am not sure why but I am trying to just go with the process and let myself alight on whatever project is calling me that day. Today I am going to play with my Dear Jane blocks and see if I can get some closure on this bag of ninety blocks. Many changes in color scheme and some other than Jane blocks tossed in. Maybe I will call it Jane Salad.

In any event, they are all things that will get done one thread at a time. There have been so many changes in my domicile of late, think it has discombobulated me (moreso than my usual state and that is considerable).
We had about twenty minutes of snow today which has all melted, This is after a week of the weather genii forecasting a Storm to be Ready For. So we shopped, got out our wellies and our shovels and..... nada. Meanwhile the poor folks in Florida got slammed with killer tornados while in their beds asleeping-with no warning.

2 comments:

Diana said...

Your Dear Jane blocks are beautiful, and you have so many done! My LQS is thinking about starting a group and I might be interested. I'm thinking I would learn a lot of new techniques.

Kim said...

Indeed, your DJB are lovely. I'm slowly working my way through them - four more for this months 12x12x12.