Monday, February 26, 2007

mostly loafing

Mike made this cross section of a wing while he was in school.I love the shape of it and I can almost hear the wind whooshing over the wing, giving it lift: the Bernoulli's principle. I want to put it in a collage. Haven't figured out whether to photo shop it into a collage or put it in an actual collage then photo shop it. When did photo shop become a verb?
I keep thinking I am going to get ambitious and go sew something but my head cold prevents me from actualizing my ambitions. Even though I really really want to, the energy is not flowing in that direction.
Tomorrow I am staying home. I already called work. I don't want to share my germs with anyone and I feel lead headed.Today felt like a total waste.
Things I did do: some Finding Water excersizes. Put some batteries in my camera. Drank a liter of ginger ale and cooked a passable dinner even though I can't taste a thing. Cleaned the crud off the stove and shined my sink. Made a chocolate pudding pie for Bailey. Made some notes for a doll I want to make-or a series of dolls, for the Gail Wilson contest. It is fun to think about even if I can't get around to doing it. Half the fun is in the scheming.
O yeah I took Katy shopping for clothes so she has a few things to wear for her new job. Did NOT want to but I had promised her that I would and I decided to load up on decongestants and just do it.
She has dyed her hair brown! In exchange for peeling potatoes I cooked her some rice-a-roni, I drive a hard bargain. And I got talked into letting her drive around a little. So now, the dishwasher is gurgling in the back round and the tv is off. I may find a few minutes to sew, now that Mike has left for work and there is no more kitchen work to do.

Things that are beautiful: My Murano glass pen, an owl in the branches of a leafless tree, the cross section of a wing, a shiny stove and a day off. and of course, my Katy.

No comments: