Tuesday, February 13, 2007

February 12x12x12


This is my February journal entry for the Quilt Studio for the 12 x12 x12 challenge. I used a batik back round and fused the face and shapes on it, over which I stitched a shimmery netting and machine free handed it. The base is timtex, which is like a stiff batting. I like the way it came out but I am not sure how to finish the edges. But for now it is as finished as it is going to get.
In a couple of minutes I am going to get a hair cut which will reveal much more white hair.
I am conflicted of course by this, wanting to remain ever young and the nubile goddess that I once was. However I am rebelling against that concept (that age invalidates us-how absurd!) now that I am fifty and wish to find new and deeper meaning in my existence.To all my fans and groupies, I hope you are not too dissappointed! But I do look forward to not having to plough through the paparazzi when I am trying to ride my motor cycle through my upscale neighborhood. And of course, it will make grocery shopping so much less cumbersome.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Martha, It's beautiful.
I love it.
EB

Meredith said...

Thanks for the hug. Congrats on finishing the 12 X 12. I like the scary tree and moon.

Gina said...

I hope you do the big reveal with your haircut. Frankly, I think the beauty and sexiness of gray hair is understated. A goddess is a goddess regardless of hair color or length!

Jessie said...

i love these words...and the photo! you are beautiful. :)

Rayna said...

You look great! Wish I were 50 again - it is a wonderful decade.

Rayna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.