Wednesday, February 21, 2007

New Book and breakfast In Aquebogue

why Mike is more fun~

This morning when I was lamenting that I could not work on my projects because I was going to be away for the day, It dawned upon me that I have a Janome Jem in a case ready to roll and why could I not just bring it along with me? So I did and I did paperpiece one sampler block. So I am quite satisfied with myself because one I did do my morning pages and two I did bring my stuff with me and three I did use it and how much better does it get?
Uncle Mike is much more fun than I am and this translates into I can do whatever I want. Why uncle Mike is more fun:
Book Swap update! I received my book from Carol yesterday and she sent me a gift from her heart. She sent me "Cold Mountain". Her letter told of why she is connected to this book, and that because of the mountains, from whence she comes, it resonates with her. As it happens, Charles Frazier is one of my favorite authors and I am reading "Thirteen Moons" now. So I thank you Carol for this gift. I am sure I will enjoy it! Pure poetry.
I love to swap stuff. It really is a way to make connections and share your passions with other like minded beings. I have swapped multitudes of blocks, mainly from Dear Jane groups and I have swapped fabrics and been a secret santa and a swapped artist trading cards and postcards...and most of all I have been able to share my love of art and textiles with other quilters which has been such a gift since I first found the Dear Jane web site a few years back. That was my first list. Now I have found sewing machine lists and other quilting lists and drawing lists and writing and dying and dolls and photshop and lists for just about anything and then there are blogs and it goes on forever. the wonder of the internet and the wonder of us all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cute photos
I loved Cold Mountain. Read it for book group about 10 years ago. Enjoy!