Friday, February 09, 2007

Order of the Snippets



Order of the Snippets is a Secret Organization whose Mission is to Self Proliferate in the sewing room-in the area of the machine-under, behind and in the Wheel Wells of Chair, with the devious intention of attaching themselves to your Socks, your Sleeves and Hind Ends, to facilitate their Dispersal into the far ends of the Realm. They fear Nothing and No one....except for the Mighty Vacuum,( and I hear the occasional Boston Terrier) who, when called upon, in times of extreme need, can be counted upon to Breathe Fire and hurl them into the Abyss of Bag.
From whence
there is no
Return.
Extreme measures for Extreme problems.
On the wall: Baltimore Elegance Blocks, Swap Blocks in progress and Hour a day blocks in progress. As you can well imagine there were losts of snippets launched in the making of thse crazy little blocks. Janiac presiding. The little appliqued blocks were left over from my Jane-they did not quite fit in so I will use than as seeds for another.
IN OTHER NEWS... have received my new book Finding the Water, by Julia Cameron.Which book is being read by another on line blog group so named. Hope to tackle my writing-of-the-memoir-block. I am a writer Goddammit!***
I have also been meditating on which book to send to Jessie in our book swap...I have a couple in mind. What else does one send in a book swap? Book marks? Book lights? chocolate? I have a few othe ideas which I will not herein divulge mwahahahaha.
After tomorrow I will have four days in a row off and I have no intention of leaving my sewing room at all. I have Sets to Make, Hours to Stitch, Appliques to Fuse! Well I may be occassionally be seen dancing in the street but only if the temp goes higher than thirty degrees farenheit.
***which brings up another point. I am politally opinionated person and since it may occassionally be the case that I that side of me to be seen here in blogland I must respectfully and sadly decline to be a part of any blogring which doesn't want me based on this sometimes blasphemous side of my nature, as it were.
So here I state. I am a democrat, way left of center, and I believe that only love will heal the world and wars do not fix anything only create more wars which make some people very rich and kill alot of innocent people. Phew. Glad I got this off my chest.
So I send you my healing love and encourage you to be politcal activists on your blogs if that is what you need to do. For me-it is about sharing my art and some of myself. Amen and amen.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are so wonderfully insane. <3!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

hey, let's not let ourselves get distracted, here. use of the lord's name in vain doesn't detract from the beauty of the photos or the work.

god bless people who know that the way a title is used is not a reflection of the user's morality or goodness or competence as an artist.

Debra Dixon said...

I love it when people have to get all righteous with their comments and don't have the courage to actually sign their names or list their blog addresses. It has happened to me too and I just think, "Hey, suit yourself, many more blogs out there for everyone!" No problem with political views on the QS webring.

Shelina said...

Just found your blog and you are utterly hilarious. I too have snippets running amok in my household, and am working hard at taming them.

Anonymous said...

Martha,
As part of the book swap, I am sending you a book. Please check the Monday swap and contact me with you address.I had help from T, the moderator in trying to find your email address.
Carol