Sunday, February 04, 2007

Many Janes One Jane


Don't know what to call this Jane. It is a compilation of a few false starts. CW repros, Dutch repros, brights. I was looking through my Bags o Blocks to see if there were any to share with a friend and it suddenly occured to me that I should just sew them together already because the weren't doing me any good in a bin. Whether they were matchy matchy or not. And so I did.
There are 81 blocks, mostly from the Dear Jane book, and several designed by Tilde, whose blogs are in my links. There were some that I did not use. In truth I ran out of design wall space and some just were not lovable at all. So I used some batik that I had bought online to use as an applique backround and did not love enough to use, nor dislike enough to fling --- and I am quite happy to have done this top, to be done with the assembly and ready to think about borders and quilting, if, and, etcetera.
And so I have joined the current DJ swap-in thirties repros, because I have made a vacancy to fill with a new project. Kind of:)So that is what I was up to today. Finishing stitching and printing out blocks for the next swap!
One of these days I have to find my Name and Claim list and see if I am actually working on any of the things that I thought I would be. Well yes I am -my sampler and my journal quilts, and now Judy's challenge and a swap. Not so bad. And one top done.

5 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

No setting triangles? I am now very intrigued....

Andi said...

Getting blocks out of the closet and into a top is a great accomplishment!

Jessie said...

holy crapito! now that is some intricate quilting! i'm impressed. VERY impressed.

i want to send you an email, but i can't find a link to it. is there one? mine is: sarasvati9 at gmail dot com. if you send me one first, then i can respond. :)

happy quilting, martha!

Jeanne said...

How about naming your quilt "Indecision" as you were trying to decide on which fabric to use for the Jane blocks? Another suggestion could be "Conglomeration". Whatever you decide, it looks wonderful.

Hanne said...

This will be a gorgeous quilt Martha :-)