Tuesday, February 27, 2007

email blues

My notes, made with glass tippied pen and brown ink. Love that brown ink.
Well, Yahoo doesn't seem to be delivering my mail to my quilty groups so I am adrift on a sea of no mail.
I am sitting on the couch and my energy is coming back but I am still grounded due to germs. I want to run out to Pier One and look see what's on sale. In my morning pages, which today were ornery pages, I keep coming back to things that I want and I want a bedroom that is in keeping with my designer sensibilities. Right now it is just a mess, with laundry in baskets because we cannot fit the stuff into our inadequate storage places, The dressers are cousin Shirley's cast off and Peggy's from when she moved. And mine is inaccessible. In order to open it I have to stand on the side (because the laundry baskets are in front of it) and grasp the ugly pulls-old fake colonial style with one side dangling free of its screw hole- and inevitabley I strain my already fragile back and I am just so tired of it. Yes just so tired.
And the closet is just a catastrophy, a scary dark hole inhabited with shadowy creatures who thrive on disorder and lounge upon the cobwebbery. Before I go in it -which is rare because I usually make Mike do it, I mutter incantations and surround myself with healing energy. Until I try to wrench some forgotten article of clothing from its wire hanger and pull the whole pile down on top of me, only to find out that the d***d thing doesn't fit anyway anymore. And what was I thinking when I bought that? Well it would have been much worse with out the healing energy I can tell you that!
I know this is whiney and that is a good description of how I feel, trapped inside this helmet of congestion and plagued with poorly decorated room, lol. At least I entertain myself.
If you stop by, leave a comment , would you? and send some healing energy because I have used up all mine,

2 comments:

Leah said...

*sending some healing energy your way!!*

i hear you about the storage space. i'm in a similar situation with just not enough storage and a cramped bedroom. sometimes it helps me to go through a major cleaning/clearing episode where I empty out all my drawers, try on everything and get rid of all the crap that doesn't fit or has holes or i just don't wear anymore. it's a pain in the arse, but i always feel better after. :-)

Jessie said...

i don't know if you meant to do this...but damn grrl! this is some increible PROSE POETRY you have here! i loved reading it, but i hope you are feeling better soon!