Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Machine applique is fun!




I am in the process of getting into the process of a couple of Baltimore Elegance blocks. I have cut all of the back round squares and have been working on one with dimentional flowers. I have reason to think my hand applique skills need lots of work which I am willing to do but in the meantime I do want to see some progress. Therefore I did this block today on my machine and I am very pleased with how it turned out.
In another quarter, I have resurrected my Dear Jane quilt blocks and found that in all of my false starts I have accumulated nearly ninety blocks!!! Which is more than enough to make a top especially if I use my siggie squares as spacer blocks-or some other spacer blocks. So that is what I have been up to these last 24 hours....
As for the black beauty, I have decided to make some random swirly log cabin blocks to create a field to place my blocks. There. I am not sure when I will begin this. Time will tell. Time will tell.

3 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

Nice blocks, I just got that book... I might do it in Taupes...

Gina said...

Fun and beautiful! What could be better?

Anonymous said...

Glad to see I'm not the only one with an unfinished Jane. I should dig out pictures and post them on my blog. I have the center all pieced and stalled out for a few years on triangles. It's good to run into your beautiful Jane while blogsurfing this evening.