Sunday, January 14, 2007

Pinch me!

Image hosted by Webshots.com
by marthabilski
Click on photo to be taken to webshots.
...I just returned from picking up my newly acquired 1928 Singer
Treadle!! It is so beautiful and is in a cabinet with all of the
original attachments and the leather belt! Even the manual is in it
and it too is in pristine condition. The cabinet even has a drawer
and it has its own key. I never would have thought that there was
one of these out there for me! I must be dreaming!
I think I was lucky because it was local and I could just go get it
(her?), so join me in my happy dance !
I almost got to meet the son of the original owner, Vito, but he
could not make it. My thanks to Vito and his mom, and to Patty who
put it on the internet for me to find. Also the folks on the Vintage
singer list who suggested that I look for one one Craig's list, woo
hoo!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwww CONGRATS! You certainly deserve it and I know you will love it and it will love you back:-)

hugs