Monday, January 08, 2007

ghost images


I noticed the writing on the lower left after I printed the recolored image onto batik. I thought maybe it was in the batik fabric but when I came back to the computer and noticed it was here too so it must have been on the original muslin which was drawn onto -not printed. How weird. Well, I could photo shop it out but why would I want to do that?
So using this print and some batik that I bought on sunday, I did some machine quilting, an on point grid, with #12 sulky varigated thread-luscious- and I really like it. I won't "unveil" till the 15th as that is my date. And I am going to add beads at the interctions and bind with a contrasting color-maybe purple???
I did cut and collage the original muslin which I am also going to finish. It looks cool but in a totally different way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

Very very cool. I can't wait to see your finished 12x12