Friday, January 26, 2007

Visit to Florida



My relatives are a creative bunch. No doubt where I got the genes. It rained alot so we mostly sat inside and made beads. My aunt Suzy sells them on ebay.
She showed me some bead making secrets and took me to a bead store and we were off! My Grandmother also designs and makes jewelry. We spent pleasant hours sitting and beading and I got to bring some of their lovely creations home with me to share with my girls.
We also dined out and consumed large portions of food. Fried catfish and fried chicken greens and double double chocolate cake and someone had bananas foster and sweet potaotoes and pecan pie and cheesy grits and pecan rolls. Man! I will miss that.
It was a calm visit, except for the bumpy flight down, heheheh, and I got to see my family and promised not to let decades pass before I go again. Time is a river. Isn't that a song or a poem or something? It continues and we are carried along and sometimes it takes a huge effort to stop and change direction, but if we don't, then we miss things that we need to do. So I did.
This is a painting my mother did on her last visit to Florida. It is done on glass and you are looking at the reverse side-the smooth side of the glass. Sure boggles my mind. I am hoping to get it shipped here one day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Now I can see where all your talent(s) come from. What a great inspiration. Your mother's painting is fabulous! I sure hope you can have it shipped to you one day. It belongs with you.

HUGS
hersheybar

Anonymous said...

Love that painting!
I have just started doing a little beading, although nothing that fancy. Fun, isn't it?

Jessie said...

Hi! I was just looking through your blog...looking at photos and reading. I love it! I'm glad you be joining us in Finding Water. It's nice to "meet" you! :)
j.