Monday, January 29, 2007

Possibilities




Some things I have been doing tonight.
The hand dyed fabric is so wonderful to work with. I love the saturated colors. I am thinking of using all these blocks to make a diamond in the square type quilt maybe with some more borders to make it big enough to fit my bed.I made the fourth bear's paw to make symmetry. I am not sure if I want symmetry but I had to try it out. My first thought was to go way abstract, but then I noticed that they fit into a square and by golly they fit good. I will use all of the blocks somewhere in the quilt even if they don't "fit" in the medallion. The small blocks are designed by Carol Honderich for her Women of the Bible quilt. The hand dyes are from Val Champ in Canada.These are the fabric that I save and hoard! Also some Cherrywood on the Bear paw blocks.
The center blocks are Dear Jane sampler blocks in Lancaster colors. O my! I have been a busy lady!

1 comment:

Helen said...

It looks really good 'on point' Lovely fabrics.