Monday, January 15, 2007

January 12x12x12



A couple of people have asked me about the process I used in the center.First I drew and stamped on muslin. Then I photographed it.Before I cut it up. The blue one is a recolored version of the brown one which I cut up. I Ironed freezer paper to regular old washed muslin and ran it through my printer which is an Epson. It uses Durabrite ink which is water resistant. After printing, I iron and that's it.I have tried to washe printed fabric, done this way and it has not run. But these pieces will not be washed.

11 comments:

Helen said...

It's finished already? Wow!

Gina said...

Stunning!

Anonymous said...

I love the colors in this. How is the middle part done?

Terri Stegmiller said...

This piece is amazing. Did you treat your fabric before printing on it?

Granny Fran said...

As I commented on Quilt Studio blog, I really admire this piece. I forgot to ask, did you stamp on the images of the I-Ching coins along the edge of the drawing?

Norma said...

Martha, please stop by my blog and read the quilt entry link. It's right below Poetry Thursday.

Your quilts are incredible.

DebbyMc said...

Oh!! This is WONDERFUL! I get mesmerized in meandering in the drawing, it takes me so many places...I love it! I'm with Fran, did you stamp the coins in the original? Just beautiful, Martha...

His Office, My Studio said...

Outstanding! I keep coming back to the photos and looking at them. Each time I find a new image that I did not see before.

His Office, My Studio said...

Thank-you for your comment on my blog.

Jo Raines said...

This is so sophistocated and beautiful--surreal. And I love the Singer treadle machine. I have my grandmother's Singer in the cabinet which was the first electric model they came out with! Sews like a charm.

Sandra said...

That is just amazing! Thank you for more info on the process. It is very interesting. Your drawing is so wonderfully original. I hope we get to see more pieces like this one.