Thursday, January 04, 2007

Swap blocks


January 's two blocks done. I got a head start this month and I can cross this off my list. Tomorrow is a day off and I am going to be cleaning and shopping for snacks for a gaggle of high school girls who will sleep at my tiny house during their "Model Congress". This is kind of a convention slash debating gathering and this weekend is our high school's turn to host. I was not planning on hosting but begging and tears and bargaining wore me down and I capitulated at the last minute----so we will squeeze the three girls in for one night-snacks included. They will be in for a cultural surprise since they come from a town where mansions are the norm. My house is the size of their garage. O well. Perhaps we will enjoy the cross cultural exchange lol. And it is only one night and Bailey deserves to get her way sometimes---and she promised to clean her room!!
I hope to be able to work on my round robin commitment. I have put it off till after the holidays and I want to get it finished and off my list so I can have some space to think about what is next. Hmm maybe there will an applique block in my future-maybe more than one. I will see how long this longing lasts and if I still have a stong yen in a week I certainly have some fabric around to play with. And a couple of pattern books to boot.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What luscious colours. They look great.

Anonymous said...

You will have to fill us in on the culture shock!

My family hosted a girl from Michigan for a week when I lived in Arizona... (Still one of my best High School memories!)

Anonymous said...

The colors of the blocks look swell just laying there on your table!

Anonymous said...

Your blocks are lovely, and also that wall of the other ones a few blogs back. They will make a gorgeous quilt.