Monday, March 20, 2006

WOBQ Miriam Block - a photoset on Flickr


WOBQ Miriam Block - a photoset on Flickr
Here is how I made this block. I have received permission from Judy Mathiesonto share this technique.You can click on the title to go to the pictures.They are sort of out of order but I hope you can get a general idea.
I love to paper piece and using freezer paper makes it easy because you don't have to tear the paper off and pick the little pieces out of the stitching lines and seams. And it is re usable. People in my Women of the Bible group have been talking about different ways to do their blocks so I decided to try and photograph my process. Thanks to Judy for granting permission. She also said in her email that QNM has an article this month on this freezer paper foundation method.

3 comments:

Hanne said...

Lovely block Martha :o)
Do you sew through the paper or only along the folding lines ?

Granny Fran said...

Great, maybe I can figure it out now. Tried with Mrs. Potiphar but couldn't figure out how to do it. I'm adding your blog link to my blog. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed viewing your work & reading your coments, about Momma Bear in action.
Caroline in Maryland