Sunday, March 05, 2006

pencil drawing


Ok this is my self portrait drawing for the EDM challenge. The original was done standing in front of my bathroom mirror with a number two pencil, however my scanner would not pick up the pencil marks very well so I played with it in Adobe Elements.There is a certain ironic likeness and I don't know if thats good or bad, lol! I also drew some bugs todayfor the Friday Illustration topic. Not very convincing but buggy nevertheless. The big guy looks hungry.

5 comments:

Robyn said...

This self portrait is most unusual. I particularly enjoy the way that you have drawn attention to the eyes by making them so detailed against the loosly drawn face and hair.

Cheers,
Robyn
Scratches & Scribbles

Tony LaRocca said...

Cool bug- very 70s

Hanne said...

Hi Martha :o)
You are good at drawing. I also looked at you Flickr album.

Kari said...

This is a lovely self-portrait. You have done a wonderful job of it, I like it very much.

Love all your other posts too - been a bit caught up with work at the moment to comment, but I love to pop in and read!

Kari x

Penny said...

This self-portrait is just fantastic! I like the sparseness along with the detail!