Saturday, March 04, 2006

This is my Jen

.
This is the bride to be, Jen. She says she is so glad that the internet has saved me from my argorophobia. I can talk to people all over the world with out going outside:)
No entirely true, I traveled alot, all over the world and love the city, NYC and Boston mostly, and going to Vermont and visiting with friends at Starbucks and artshows and quilt shows. But I do like to stay home. Yes I do. Home is where I sew and paint and read and draw and from whence I do draw my inspiration, such as it is.

This is Alex's graduation quilt. He will get his BA in Performance Arts in May.The design is from Bonnie Hunter's site. www.quiltville.com, in the leader ender section. The blocks were from a nine patch swap I did on the yahoo group DJretreats. I was short a few rows from the swap so I made a bunch at the end very randomly.The wonderful quilting was done by Becca Olson and Shiela Jaurez in Alaska. They quilted musical notes in the white squares! The hairy kid is my son, Alex.

2 comments:

Hanne said...

Lovely quilt Martha :o)

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

The zig zag 9 patch turned out so great Martha! And it is wonderful to see pics of your kids and read about your life :c)

Bonnie