Thursday, March 09, 2006

Live Giraffe Cam at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo


Live Giraffe Cam at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
Bonnie posted this giraffe cam on her website and I was really looking forward to seeing those giraffes walking around but I think it was too cold for them to come out, see and be seen, so I drew the little guy on the left. I got my copy of Danny Gregory's "the Creative License" and one of the excersizes is contour drawing so I did it.Then I filled it in. I bought myself some colored pencils and a waterbrush to use with my watercolor pencils. I also tried to do a drawing of my sewing machine but it was not as much fun. The giraffe was more humorous.
Why does it feel silly to draw with no purpose? Silly is useless? Am I too old to play just for the sake of playing? I should be doing something more important, more momentous! serious literature or something, politcal commentary, deep cradling poem rocking the world to sleep on its rythyms, changing the world. Can't you see Rome is burning? Why are you doodling????

2 comments:

Sue Seibert said...

Man, it's hard, particularly at my age, to slow down and smell the flowers, but because of Danny Gregory, this group, and others like Violette, I am doing just that after years of rush, rush, rush...and, yes, Rome burning, etc. I love the Giraffe!!!!!

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

I just peeked and there are 6 of them out!

Bonnie