Wednesday, March 15, 2006

old/new project


Upon my wall is a compiliation of projects that have been waiting patiently in different parts of my sewing hiding places (some say storage, but I am hiding them from myself). So I have rescued them from their obsolescence and pinned them on the flannel which serves as my 'design wall'. In my mind, it is a sliding barndoor sized mechanical wonder. In reality it is a piece of white flannel stapled to the wall. (I even have an electronic staple gun. How cool is that? )It will do for now. I am contemplating this work in progress and I think for the next round I will make my first ever applique border. The flower will be borrowed from Connie Sue Haidle's BOM . To me it appears to be a Clematis, which is one of my favorite flowers. It is a late bloomer like me. Intensely blue, likes to stay in the same location and requires alot of patience.
Sometimes when I am at a point in a project which stumps me I abandon it and often do not re visit for years. Often I could skip a step and keep going but usually I just leave. So now I am at a point in this personal round robin and I am here to say I will finish it, with applique-which is my weak link-and so there it is.

1 comment:

The Calico Cat said...

I love the way you project appears to bulge out - great optical illusion!