Friday, March 24, 2006

Blue paint


Today was a good day to paint. We had a tutor so I played some music (I am a Joni Mitchell fan from the seventies) the Blue album and squished some paint around a piece of plywood. I love paint. Soothes the soul.
This week was full of bad news for us. The school district will not allow my bi polar daughter to go to the alternative school until she is 16 or has the credits which they screwed her out of in the first place. They want her to be schooled at home by tutors until next year. And I had to wait three days to hear this. I told the principal that when I ran a million dollar business, I always returned phone calls. I hate the celebrity status these adminstrators give themselves. It is just a poor excuse for bad manners.
My daughter is crushed but she is bouncing back and has assured me they will get a piece of her mind next week when we have a meeting. I will let her, because I feel very angry myself and she does not deserve to be excluded from school. I have been told that I should sue, that they are out of compliance with state law and I have a good case but why should I have to go to all that energy and expense? I am thinkin on it. real hard.
But things could be worse eh? I am going to a quilt show tomorrow and a birthday party tomorrow night and I am going to spend some time sewing tonight and not think about any more educational issues til Monday.Today Mike got quesadillas for lunch and I bought Katy new sneakers. So I am actually doing ok here. And besides maybe Katy will become a lawyer and take up the cause for the disabled. It is a family tradition.

1 comment:

Kari said...

That is appalling behaviour by the school. This is the 21st century and schools exclude children for mental health issues - terrible.

I hope in the long term, you will find that the new path that you have been forced to take, will turn out to be much better.

{{hugs}}
Kari x