Saturday, January 07, 2006

Saturday in the city


Had a wonderful day in the city with my three beautiful daughters. We had lunch at a diner and the girls were measured for their bridesmaid dresses at Klienfeld's of Manhattan. We then hopped in a cab and went shopping at the City Quilter where I bought some wool felt pieces for my snow men and some fusible web and some fabric for bowls and even a couple of bag patterns that my dears picked out for themselves. Now only if they would learn to sew!! Grabbed a cab back to Penn station and made our train with seconds to spare. It was so nice to spend time with my daughters, preparing for a happy occasion, no bickering or teen age fits of pique!(Well dd#3 did not want to go to the fabric store and there was some pouting but nothing serious.)And I even found a dress that met with Jen's approval so I went ahead and bought that too and got measured and did not even worry about the twenty five pounds that I will surely lose before August-hahaha.So that was my day. I did not stitch a stitch but I may yet!

1 comment:

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful fun day! The pic of your girls is just beautiful!

Bonnie