Friday, January 20, 2006

cookies?



Today i sewed together 36 ten inch nine patch blocks for my swap. All are ironed and folded and ready to be put in the envelopes and mailed off. I also sorted all of my remaining thirties fabrics into colors-the pile is getting smaller and smaller. I also received a nice round robin to work on. More on that later.
Seems like we will not be going to Vermont next week after all, I am not disappointed. I am only a tentative skier and I can think of better things to do with my time than to drive nine hours to strap sticks on my legs and hurl myself off the side of a mountain, spend two nights, and turn around and drive nine hours home again. I love my friends and my husband but I also love room service and quiet strolls through museums.....am I spoiled. I guess so. And I am not comfortable leaving my kids for that long now that they are evil teenagers.
And maybe dh will finish the &*(&^^%$%$$#%#$@ bath room!!! Tomorrow he is going to the motorcycle show and he will come back with new resolve to finish this week so he can get another job and a new bike??? maybe not. maybe i need to get out more, but not skiing and not to motorcycle shows. The last time I went it was so crowded I could not push my way through the the thronging mass of flesh. Since Mike wants to see the custom bikes and that is where it is most crowded, I am sitting this one out. Maybe I can work on my wonderful round robin.....
Maybe I have pms. Maybe cookies will help.Maybe oatmeal cookies.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

or chocolate chip cookies ... or brownies ... or both with hot cocoa.

Inga said...

For me your blocks looks like wrapped chocolate bars. Yummy!!! That's why I would prescribe chocolate in massive doses. :-D

I've included your blog in my linklist, and hope you will take a look at my blog

Inga