Friday, January 13, 2006

Long Beach on a fogged in day and my studio shelves






I started quilting in the seventies but only
in the past six years did I start to buy fabric in
earnest. I ususally buy for a project, although I have
sometimes bought just because.I keep all of my fabric
in plastic tubs or boxes and it is mostly by project.
Of course there is some extra, some overlap, some that
I forgot I had bought, some abandoned. Since I live in
a little house (1250sf) and I use my son's room while
he is away at school I have been forced to keep it all
together and all transportable-which has helped to
keep the buying in check.
I find it helpful if I can put it all away when I
finsh working on something especially since I switch
between projects alot. Maybe not the most efficient
way to work but I am comforatble with it.
and you know sometimes life seems so dreary that you
need to have some beauty to shore you up. I love
beautiful things and I think is important to have
beautiful fabric and art in our lives to remind us
that life is meant to be lived and enjoyed and we need
to do what ever we can to contribute to that aspect.
Bad stuff happens and we can't help that but we can
darn well have some fabric if we want.
I am going to shower and get dressed and take my dd to
therapy and then I will post some pictures in my blog
if you want to see my space. I will show you mine
if.....

No comments: