Thursday, January 05, 2006

Rainy Thursday



Last night I stitched down all the wool bits to the twenty snowmen that comprise the border for my big snowman block.I also added a head to the second snowman in the center block. I found it rather disconcerting that he had no head!So I changed it. No scary snowmen in my quilt!
I also want to do some beading and other embellishment.I hope to get some time today to put them altogether. I will stop later at the lqs in Cold Spring Harbor for some fusible stuff for next moths blocks and some bowls that I have started.
Katy is home today. Do I blog about my kids? I think I will not as they would think it an invasion of their privacy-even if no one ever reads about them, even if it is their only fifteen minutes of fame. Perhaps this is why I don't journal so much any more-i always wonder what I want to leave my kids with...maybe not the stuff in my journals. Tho I have told dd jen that she should archive them after I die. almost four decades of journaling. I wonder if there is a school that archives journals for future study?anyway I have expanded my creative efforts.Done my drawing a day even if I feel frozen and blank I still put the pen or pencil to the page and date and sometimes annotate. Just because it chips away at the sheath of ennui. Can ennui be a sheath?hahahaha
I crack myself up. First: do no harm:). Drawing makes a scatch on the surface and points my compass in the right direction, as does walking and writing.Tap tap tap knocks the muse upon my door... I am here I am here I am here I have not left I am still here....

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Welcome to the blogging world. I find it helps motivate me so I have new pictures to post!! Good idea to add the head to your snowman....I like it that way. Plus it is fun to make your quilt a little different from the pattern.

The Calico Cat said...

Welcome to blogging!
I like the snow men....