Wednesday, January 04, 2006

January 4 2006


I have decided to join the blogging world. The picture I posted is the January Snowman from Curtis Boehringer Block of the Month. I bought the pattern from barbara in CA and I am doing it along with two other quilting ladies from the moondance 2004 bom group. The snow man and accessories are wool felt and the backround is cotton. It will be a fun quilt to make. At this time I am in the process of thinking about the quilt work I want to do this year. There will be Jen and Jason's wedding quilt and I want to do a monthly journal quilt. I have a couple of swapping commitments in January and them I want to be swap free for a while. I am in a round robin group and that will be ongoing till the summer at least...then there is the Dear Jane-which was the catalyst for my re entry into the world of quilting.
I began quilting in the seventies, when I was a teen ager in boarding school in New England. All of my relatives were sewers but not quilters, mostly dressmakers and hatmakers by inclination. I started off garment sewing and got quilting fever way back then. And I am still passionatley afflicted:) Since discovering the Dear Jane on line group, I have found many other lists and friends and I spend many hours reading and learning and being inspired by all of the amazing talent. So this is my first post and it feels weird to be sending my words off into the universe. I hope to join a quilt ring and meet new artists.

1 comment:

The Calico Cat said...

A headless snowman... good thing you decided to add the head. Please share a photo of Moondance (I am wondering if I did that too?)
I know, sad....