Thursday, January 26, 2006



The pics are the round robin that I received from Germany last week. I am so excited to begin work on it. I am going to make my border a frame of Dear Jane blocks which I have all printed from eq5 and ready to go. I do love my eq5! And Dear Jane and Dear Hannah and Nearly Insane and and and ...
Another trip to the ER last night as we watched my hand swell up to the point where I had no knuckles and turned purplish.Doc said it was a blood clot but not the kind we have to worry about. He said cold and hot compresses and no aspirin or ibuprofen which are blood thinners. Well the doc who did the surgery put me on 800 mgs of ibuprofen so who knows. I will just stop taking it altogether.
Friend and internet mentor, Tilde has pointed out that many of us have many crafty interests! I do have many other creative interests, but sewing has always been my favorite, like mac and cheese,or beef stew or chili (maybe I have too many comfort foods?) it is comfort substance.
I sort of took a leave of absence from the lofty and demanding world of fine arts when my dd started having troubles which were eventually diagnosed as bi-polar disorder. I needed to be in familiar territory and comforted by the feel of fabric.I am a fabric fondler! There is also the theraputic value of piecing together fabrics to make a whole. KInd of like piecing together my life. I know this sounds corny but , for me, it is true. And in the last few years the amazing community that has been facilitated by the internet! What a gift to have you all "by my side". And lastly(?) the finished quilt to gaze lovingly upon. There is no better medicine.
As for the cross stitch projects-well, I will keep those in hiding. I think I have three that are in various stages of progress -two Christmas and one other. Through the years my daughters have all gone through the friendship bracelet stages and I have given them my floss to use up. I had it arranged in three ring binders, cut to the right length for stitching and strung through holes which I punched in old manilla folders. The supplies are all tucked away in a cabinet under the tv. With the polymer clay stuff....
Yesterday-for the first time in a year or more, I prepped a canvas for painting. May or may not put paint on it. Haha. I have many other canvases prepped. Today I will do quilty things.
Love and peace and creative energy to you all.
m

2 comments:

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Hi, I like to check up on your blog and don't think I have ever said hi! That is a neat round robin from Germany. Right now I am in Austria and occassionally buy a "patchwork" magazine in German - some of the patterns are very different from what you see in the US magazines. This one is very lovely.

Cheers!

Evelyn

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

I'm so sorry about your hand! I hope it is feeling better by now. I love the quilt pic from the germany round robin....WONDERFUL!

Bonnie