Saturday, March 31, 2007

what I am doing today (and yesterday)




Just a peek into my inner fabric addict. I am having so much fun with Inklingo and Ping. Both hand sewing. Tell me again why I have so many sewing machines? Actually the Tumbling blocks are partially assembled on my machine. I stitch the first two diamonds of the cube by machine and then when I have a bunch, I sew the inset seams by hand. I am sure there is some kind of rule against this but it hasn't stopped me yet.
And there is the ill fated BE wreath which I started before I began machine appliqueing the other blocks. I rescued and I will finish it- and you know, I think I will finish it and it will blend ok.
O and the string block, inspired by Patti and Hanne and Bonnie Hunter on her Quiltville site. I do have a tub of bright strips but I am rarely in the mood to do them. If I do one a month.....in a couple of years I will have used all my strips.
My sampler blocks are waiting for a setting. Perhaps on point with and alternating plain block. I will have enough of the collection of fabrics to make the setting blocks with. Perhaps in a square in a square color set...hmmmm. We are drawing to a close with this and I have so enjoyed it. It will be such a pleasure to have this quilt in my life:)
So -a good combo of hand and machine, piecing and applique. A healthy variety for the ADD queen apparent.-o and there is that other tumbling block that i keep looking at on the wall -but I really do like the one with the one inch sixty degree triangle...also in Linda Franz' Inklingo Collection.
And I am swapping neutrals with my nickel swapping and swapping strips of one inch diamonds with my Inklingo group this month and should be getting back someDear Jane Spring Fling blocks in a month ....ssssooooo there you have it--from the woman who said she was going to swap no more.
So that is what I am up to here in cloudy NY. Going to the east end for the afternoon, a little shopping a little eating a little visiting.
I have been keeping up with the Finding Water reading and the morning pages-a few lapses here and there. I am really enjoying reading Julia Cameron again. I find I have alot in common with her. The twelve weeeks are going by very fast. I wish we could spend more time on each week. I may slow it down so I can savor it. But I have so much to do...I am hoping I did not forget...o yes the dolls, tba at a later date.....
bfn
bye for now-m

2 comments:

Jessie said...

I just love the idea of sewing by hand. I used to to quite a bit of it...making bags and strange additions to my clothes. I loved doing it because it was such a calm and meditative thing to do. I need to take more time to do that again. It is especially nice to sit outside and sew (at least, when the weather is nicer!).

As for the speed of Finding Water...yes! These weeks are flying by! I find myself wishing it could last longer.

much love to you Martha!
j.

Granny Fran said...

That is such a cute thread cabinet with the critters on top. Your diamonds are wonderful, I wish my hands would allow me to do hand stitching. It's the only way to get good results with diamonds and hexagons, which I love.
I told Joe that I would like to clone myself, not as I am today, but with my young, healthy body. Maybe with two of me we could get more of what I want to do, done.