Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Pussy willows survived the freeze!
Will look for hyacynth and daffodills later when I actually leave the house. My plans to embark on a journey to the post office and beyond were abbreviated when Mike came home and we had lunch together. I do love lunch and procrastination. Anyway later we will go and do errands and flower hunting.
Last night a friend called me and asked me if I would let her treat me to breakfast for my 21st anniversary. I had actually forgotten I am 21 years sober today-and it is spring and life does not get any better than this.
My daughter has told me that her some of her friends talk about their parents drinking and she does not share that experience.She says she understands that I can not drink. O but I can! I tell her, but I choose not to, because I love my life the way it is. When I was 26 I decided to change the path that my life had taken and I never looked back. May all your lives be as blessed.
My friend Hedy, who still remembers my anniversary.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Wow, Martha! Congratulations!!! 21 years is awesome! I hit 15 years last November, and I have to say, it's been the best 15 years of my life!! :) Here's to both of us having MANY more! :D

Gina said...

Happy Belated Anniversary. It's lovely that this woman remembers and honors the person you decided to become.

Deb Geyer said...

Congratulations on the 21 years!! Way to be!