Tuesday, March 06, 2007

home at last

Blooper sampler blocks. The middle one was done with water soluble foundation paper and it left the block wrinkly and shrivelly looking. The outer blocks were the second attempt at a block using Seminole strip piecing and I could not for he life of me get the dimensions right.The middle sections are supposed to be equal and square! So all three go onto the blooper pile.
The hearts are keepers. The one on the right has been embellished using my machine decorative stitches. I think it looks way cool. The leafy one is not yet stitched, just fused. I think even simple stitching adds to the block.
On Friday I will do some more sampler blocks. I got my February batch from my trade partner and they are stunning and I think they deserve a whole post to admire them.Coming soon....


Home from work, home from errands. Bloody cold out the wind is howling and I have to go out once more to pick Jay up at the train. Then I am in. I did not do my morning pages, nor pick up a needle tonight and I did not cook either because Mike wanted Chinese food. One of those low energy days, tho I did go to work and that is sometimes all a body can do.

No comments: