Saturday, October 07, 2006

loop-d-loop

we took a ride to Greenport on the North Fork of Long Island and visited my favorite yarn and fiber art store Now and Zen Fiber Arts
and I bought some Cascade 220 to make some flowers to put on a felted bag and I bought one little skein of silk mohair yarn with sparkly nylon things in it to make a lace ascot And And And I bought this book, Loop-d-Loop,
because I love the patterns and have the yarn to make a couple and this was a Good Day.
On the way back east we stopped at Wickhams
Farm stand and bought Stilton cheese and apples and apple cider and a loaf of wonderful artisian bread baked with rosemary and olives ( and other stuff I am sure but it is long since eaten), and we bought some cheddar for Mike , who will not go near Stilton, and we went back to Else's and feasted upon our purchase. And this was also Good.
This morning I re ironed the freezer paper bits to the right side of my fabric, the correct side since it is not actually the right side, as it were, and hope to do some wonderful calming hand stitching today.
Daughter Jen is coming over with the wedding pictures!!!I get my own DVD and I will post some later. Happy day!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Yum! I love farm stands, particularly when they feature wonderful cheeses! Sounds like a great time.