Sunday, October 29, 2006

denim beast


Begun in the eighties , from a pattern in an old Georgia Bonesteel book, made from old jeans and flannel-a beast to stitch through. It has at least three kinds of quilting including big stitch, in the ditch, and machine quilting-which messed up the timing on my machine.
It is now bound and given to Katy since it is the only one of my creations she has ever liked.Now that it is finished I really like it alot.
I am thinking my next project will be my Moondance quilt froma bom a couple of years back...Beth Ferrier is the designer. I have the top almost sewn together, awaiting applique embellishment which may or may not happen. Alas my camera is out of juice so there are no photos till tomorrow.

2 comments:

Hanne said...

Your Denim Beast is a real Beauty. Good going Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

I love your denim.
Someday I'm going to finish something. I enjoy your messages and admire all the things you get done and your grace under pressure. Hope you daughter is doing better.