Monday, April 03, 2006

Woman of the Bible Blocks


These are my blocks partly sashed so far. The are from a quilt designed by Carol Honderich who I "met" on the Dear Jane list. I started the blocks last summer and resumed a couple of weeks ago. We are doing a block a week and reading chapters on each woman as we go. The book we are using is called 'Women of the Bible' by Ann Spangler and Jean E. Syswerda. The group has grown into four Yahoo lists and I am now in synch with group four and hope to stay caught up this time.So far we are still in the Old Testement. It is such a nice quilt!!!

5 comments:

Desiree's Designs said...

great quilt, I guess there are alot of us quilters in the sketch group too. Creativity runs in groups!

Hanne said...

What a lovely quilt Martha. It must be fun to work with !

The Calico Cat said...

Is this your group? http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WOBQ/

Which blocks are from the Old Testament? (How many of the patterns are from the OT? half?)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderfull idea. I am working on the Dear Jane small blocks along with another member of my daughters quilt classes.
This sounds like something up our alley. Are these blocks a small size?

quiltcontemplation blogspot said...

Hi All
These blocks are 6 inches finished:)