Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Appliqu�Society



The Appliqu�Society
Spent the morning with some new friends at the Nassau County Chapter of the Applique Society. This was my first actual meeting since last October when I joined the main group. There is alot of talent out there and I am such a newbie. I hope to learn all the tricks soak up some of the expertise. Ah well I aim high!
I met friend Linda there and she showed off her sweet baby quilts! Later during lunch I got to look at her Dear Jane blocks, which are exquisite! handpieced and perfect. She says they are wonky but they are really amazing and not wonky at all. Well I am inspired, to say the least. I guess I had better get to work on my Dear Jane. I am mezmerized by Jane Stickle's blocks. I am kinda sorta toying with the idea of starting over and adding applique blocks. Or making an all applique sample or maybe a thirties version-well there you see the problem: I just cannot decide. I will come back to this topic I am sure.
O yeah, Hanne tagged me and asked for six weird things:) Only six?
hmmm
I am a fanatic reader. I have been known to read a book a day.
I Love Origami
I like staying home more than going out
I hate shopping except for fabric and art supplies and books-well I guess I dont hate it that much
I don't drink or smoke at all
I am a morning person....
pretty boring huh? But I am never bored!!

No comments: