Monday, April 10, 2006

Recital in Potsdam



For those who are musically inclined, here is the program for my son's recital. He was awesome! Of course I did not have my camera and so must wait for other people to give me photos, hint, hint.The recital was taped so I will be able to listen again in the future. And of course there will be much analysis and critique-the musical Monday morning quarterbacking.
Alex was beaming, surrounded by friends and family, and was soaking up all of the good will he so richly deserves.
I did a little drawing and a little stitching while Mike drove us the eight hours to Potsdam. I wish we could have spent more time in the area but the drive alone takes two days both ways. The town has some wonderful architecture and some buildings made with some kind of locally quarried reddish pink almost but not quite terra cotta looking stone.I did make one tiny skectch of a corner in town.
I tried to do some stitching in the car on the way home. It was bumpy and I kept losing my scissors and I did not have the much used toothpick tool, so it was slow going, and I didn't manage to finish any blocks but I did make some progress. Bumpy rides do not make for good sewing. Or reading.
I bought a couple of chairs at a place called Hoss's in Long Lake Ny, one Adirondak chair and one twig chair.For my dolls. I am collecting more chairs than dolls. We also bought an Audobon Society book to help us identify US East Coast birds. While we were driving home a hawk with a mouse in his mouth nearly flew right into our windshield as he was lifing off. We were going seventy miles per hour and he flew right over us. Missed us by a foot. Swoosh!

3 comments:

Hanne said...

Congratulations on your son's recital Martha :-)

Marilyn said...

Really nice sketches

Alison said...

The pin cushion looks quite old in your sketch - very nice