Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Shower Invitations




I spent a good part of yesterday making these invitations for Jen's shower. I want to say Jen and Jason but he says he doesn't want to be there, so it will be Jen's day. All Girls:) I made about seven versions of the Glasgow Rose, in ink and watercolor pencil from pictures that I have of Charles Rennie Mackintosh's works. I have used the rose motif several times in my own decorating efforts. The window is one.
Any way, I have all of the first set of invitations addressed and made out and then I decided to make them myself. Now I am satisfied.

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments: love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds.

William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616), Sonnet cxvi

7 comments:

Teri said...

Oh they are beautiful! Lovely idea.

seesue said...

An absolutely delightful invitation. sidenote:I was inspired by CRM's work to plan a banner for my DD's wedding. I have the sketch done and the fabric bought now for the doing. Always the iffy part.

Lin said...

LOVELY and very inviting invitation!!!

Marilyn said...

Very nice. And you put your design to great use.

Kari said...

These are gorgeous, so beautifully done - I think you should be very proud of these>

Kari x

Anonymous said...

Isn't my mom the best?

Hanne said...

Beautiful cards Martha :-)