Monday, April 24, 2006

Weekend stitches


I lost my needle case which was actually a Starbucks gift card holder from Christmas,
which found its way into my kit (dh later found it in the couch)
so to make a long story longer I went into my sewing room and was attacked by my ufo's,
which resulted in my climbing up on a stool to retrieve my box of wool scraps with which
to create a new needle case-which is really just a small folded piece of wool, a little bit
bigger than a match book. Then, In said box, I found a pattern that I had purchased last
fall to make a sewing kit with wool, and I had actually started it, but put it aside, in the
box , then put the box up on a shelf, out of sight out of mind. So in the long honored
tradition of sewers everywhere, i sat right down and ripped out all the previously done
work and re sized the patterned and began again. Three hours later, dh dragged me away
to take me out to eat since he refused to eat pizza for another meal. I am liking the new
needle case which has grown into a sewing kit and I hope to actually finish it in a day or
so.
Then I really must get to the wedding quilt I am making for my oldest child who is to be
wed in August.

1 comment:

Hanne said...

What a nice sewing kit Martha :-)