Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Beads-click here




I bought this book Bead Creative Art Quilts by Nancy Eha from a link on Ami Simms newsletter. It is a wonderful book and I can't wait to get started. I have a couple of projects in mind. I am going to assemble my diamonds from the Linda Franz books and do some beading on them. I have been waiting for the right inspiration to get my diamonds together and this book has provided just the right dose. But first I will practise on another journal quilt page that I have prepared. Hmmm may be time for a trip to the bead store. Maybe I will see what I have first...chances are, there are some beads around here somewhere.....
This group of diamonds is set with pictures that I took from our beach on a September day a couple of years ago. It was one of those sunsets that you wish you had your camera for and I did! Right now it looks kind of un finished, but I think it will come together nicely and beads will be a great addition.We shall see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

martha, i really really like this layout with your fabric as alternates. very very nice!
patti in florida
pleal@cfl.rr.com

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the finished product. What method did you use to put the pictures on fabric?