Thursday, February 02, 2006

Quilting for Reason




I am making a small quilt for Ami Simms Alzheimer Quilt Initiative. She is going to raffle them off and the proceeds are being donated to find a cure. If you don't already get her newsletter, I recommend it.
Ami Simms was teacher of the year in 2005 and she is also seen on QNN. Her site is really worth a visit , even if you just like to read about quilts and she how she is doing:)
Of course my sewing machine is behaving badly and I have an appointment this afternoon so I am tearing myself away from this project and will comtinue when I get back. I have a couple of friends who have lost parents to this disorder, and I am intimately aquainted with other mental malfuntions, so lets just say we all have a vested interest in finding cures for this and other related maladies. I hope to make one for Ami to auction and one for me to keep as a journal quilt.I have made one for practice and hope to make at least one that is good enough to donate. The picture above is one of the pages that I made in Adobe from a photo I shot on the boardwalk in the fog. The writing is from a letter I found from my mother from a million years ago.I will work on the embellishment and stitching tomorrow.

No comments: