Saturday, February 11, 2006

Paper pleasures




Did I forget to mention that I love paper too?
The sail boat is folded and painted and gilded with artificial gold leaf.I made it after Mike and I visted the New York sea port in August 2001. It was a gift for him on Valentines day.
The one and half inch sushi box is made with guitar string wrappers(dia dario) and the accordion book is made with two 18 by 24 pieces of water color paper with folded cover sleeves made from hand made paper I found at artpaper.com. Warning-if you love paper and are on a tight budget, this is not a safe place for you.

2 comments:

Kari said...

Oh I love your blog too! It is so good - love your work and I adore paper as well.

Kari x

Digitalgran said...

I love your blog Martha. I love making books too, but don't spend too much on papers, I tend to save every scrap to play with.