Friday, February 24, 2006

one last thing

It was forty degrees here today and very windy which made it seem so much colder.My husband could probably tell you which direction the wind came from but I don't listen long enough to the weather bimbos to get to that nautical part. I think they are over paid prompt readers and why can't people just look out of the window or read the freakin farmer's almanac. You would get better information. Any way they wind may or may not have been off the ocean which may or may not have made it colder.
In this kind of weather people come out if their houses dressed for all contingencies. Some runners in shorts and kid in hoodies and one lady in a huge fuscia down coat which was being blown off her body as she clutched at it desperately. I was mesmerized by the fuscia and it had a big diagonal yellow and black stripe. It was truely horrifying, and besides she was doubled parked next to me at the trian station and I had no choice but to stare at her big hypnotic coat because I could not get out of my parking spot
And then there were these two ladies both with big enthusiatically coifed ash blonde heads and matching-I kid you not- knee length, belted, mink trench coats. I nearly ran them over I was so stunned. And they were standing on the curb leaning out as though they were trying to hail a cab, holding on to each other for balance, and where oh where was the doorman when you needed him. I think they got off at the wrong train stop. Or the wrong paralell universe.
These were but two of my visual adventures as I drove my daughters around and around our lovely island to meet their social and medical obilgations.

1 comment:

arlee said...

oh my, you are *too* funny with those observations about people----thanks for the "nose coffee" on my screen this morn! :}