Sunday, January 13, 2008

Surface Area-sewing room









 My family would be justified in kicking me out of our small abode, lock, stock and sewing machine. I simply take up too much space. And I am not talking about my girth! That is another blog, not yet aborn.
I came across a blog which is about the creative space of creative people and so I thought I would show you mine. It is somewhat embarrassing and at the same time exhilarating. Take a look  at this blog. I enjoyed seeing how other creative souls populate their work areas. I want to say it is sacred space. There, I have said it. Since I work in paint, glass, wax, fabric, fiber, words, I do need a lot of surface area, and shelf space and wall area, and floor feet and drawers and music and dvds and time. All of the elements convene, and if I am lucky and diligent I get to be there too.

1 comment:

Knitted Gems said...

I think it's a wonderful room. I could sit in your spot for hours and still be coming up with new inspired ideas every few minutes. Your family is lucky to have you.