Sunday, January 06, 2008

done

     I finished the Bailey painting and I am satisfied with it. I like it not because likeness or finesse but because I went way out on a limb and did things I never did before It is mixed media. I used oil, oil pastel, fabric, paper, encaustic wax and powdered pigments from Sinopia, heat, netting and ink on rice paper (printed photos) and lace and beads. Yep. and it is done. The original picture was taken three years ago and it is hard for me to believe it took that long. I learned a lot from doing this and that s what I like best about it. One can theorize endlessly about technique. As you are in the creative stream and actually doing and seeing and smelling the paint-then you are learning.

5 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

Very Cool! Are you going to show details photos?

Tilde said...

Wonderful ! ... and I too would love to see close-ups :-)
hugs
Tilde

Anonymous said...

Hi Martha,
The painting is beautiful.
Else

Knitted Gems said...

It looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

You just have all kinds of talent! This is so lovely. What an inspiration you are.

Sandy