Sunday, November 26, 2006

Process


I thought I would make this picture into my little art card offering for the respondees of the October Art Giving post. It is kind of a tautological, visual comment on process, if you don't mind the philospohical analogy. The picture is of dolls as I was making them, printed onto muslin and fused onto a backround made from the trimmings of my Daughter Jen's curtains. Already you can see there are many processes at play: photography, printing onto fabric, curtain making, stashing the remnants and fusing just to get started. Then I couched some thread around the edges to frame and secure the edges. I printed some letters onto freezer paper to use as a stencil, which I ironed on, and used acrylic paint and gold pigment ink to make the words. I added some grommets and signed with a rapidiograph. Plenty of process. I hope they are enjoyed as the final part of the process-being received.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The certainly look cool to me!

quiltcontemplation blogspot said...

Thanks Debra
They are ready to mail!

Anonymous said...

My card arrived and it is much more cool in person! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I received mine too, it is gorgeous. Thank you so much.

Emmy said...

The card Arrived and it is very wonderful in the flesh
Thank you very much
Emmy