Saturday, December 02, 2006

Sundry notes



I have resolved to overcome my cowardly queasiness and do some journaling in my exqusite new handbound journal. Part of me wants to preserve it, keep it new and unsullied.Save it for the perfect insight, the wry observation, the poignant profile. I want to make a journal to awe and inspire and if I can't then I don't want to bother. pout pout
The better part of me says -
"Oh get over yourself! just write one or two sentences and make stick figures and play with pens and inks and paints and pencils and stop trying to be so important all the time."
There is a that grounded, sensibly shod, part of me, after all. It is her that I shall listen to and I shall fill my pages, even if I am only writing about the bathroom lines at Bryant Park
for who among us does not tinkle?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty journalling... I think ths sketches really add to the sentiments.

Anonymous said...

I made a journal for my daughter last Christmas. She doesn't do much art, but writes great poetry.

I have been keeping a journal since 1990, and don't intend to ever give it up.

Anonymous said...

My arty memes to my people were journals. They were fun to make and I have visions of making more. Like you I have some journals I don't want to sully but then, If I don't, who will? So, I plan to get them out and use them in 2007 too.

Anonymous said...

you're one talented lady

Gina said...

Absolutely! This is inspired journalling. Not like my teenaged school girl ramblings. I read somewhere about not saving things "for best" because everyday is "for best" and we never get that day back.