Sunday, December 10, 2006

Promoting Prosperity through loans-KIVA

I think this is a great idea. I am going to make a loan to one of the people on this website. Take a look and see if you agree that this is a great opportunity to help someone prosper. http://www.kiva.org
I read about them in the NewYork Times Magazine.
I have finished my cards and they are posted. I am still knitting Katy's present, a shrug from the book 'Loop-d-Loop'.I am using soft, hand dyed black wool, double stranded and it is going quickly.I may actually finish it before Christmas.
I have the next couple of days off from work so I plan on finishing up a couple of my December commmitments, namely two sampler blocks which are almost finished and a couple of felted bags that are needing handles and lining, That is all of the sewing room stuff I am going to "Name and Claim" for this month.
Pictures is of Katy and Bailey, circa 1995

No comments: