Saturday, December 16, 2006

Little Thinkers-Unemployed Philosophers Guild



I could not resist these little dolls, Queen Elizabeth I and Jane Austen, found in the Union Square Holiday market.
There were many many others, like Ghandi, Beethoven, Freida Khalo, Edgar Allen Poe--on and on-fun presents for my teen girls who are too old for doll playing but will appreciate the personae.
I made the ornaments a few years ago and they have held up rather well for the odd bit of ribbon and scraps. I also stopped into the City Quilter fabric store and left with some fat eighths of rich purple and blue hued wool and a couple yards of quilting cotton. O lucky me!
Today we go to Riverhead-another fabric store to see,some cigars for the dad- and to dine with the mil and visit the neicies and their parent units.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet the dolls were a stitch in person! I love seeing caricatures of people.

Anonymous said...

The dolls are great! No wonder you couldn't resist. Your ornaments do seem to have held up well. Love using up scraps on things like that.

Hope you enjoyed the day.

Anonymous said...

I do love those dolls--so austere in a quirky way!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've been having a lot of fun. The dolls make me smile!