Saturday, November 11, 2006

Today in Long Beach...



What a morning! Mike ran-that is him in the picture, next to the lady on the bike. I rode my bike and took pictures, trying not to run over the walkers who drift into the bike lane. Yes we have a bike lane:) So nice to have a place to ride and not worry about cars. The boardwalk is 2.2 miles long, a nice length to ride and walk or run.
The stained glass window I made for a guy who did work in our house. He lives a couple of blocks down from us and he is a fireman in the city. I love seeing a piece actually installed! Thanks Duffy. Today when I took the picture, I went to ask permission, since his wife doesn't know me and I didn't want to startle anyone, walking down the driveway with my camera, I got to meet his wife and kids(and the dog) and she likes the glass too. Made me feel good. I like to think I am doing some good in the world with my little creations.

Bailey painting-I finally put some paint on it, in the dim light of the porch at night. i will probably change the colors-a little lighter perhaps? I stood on the porch for hours, painting, listening to my ipod-probably causing my future deafness, but it is heavenly, standing there in front of the easel, the music chasing away the negative chatter in my head, and I am in "the zone". Later I was so stiff I could hardly make it up stairs, but I was happy. And Bailey likes the painting. To me there is no greater compliment than if the subject says," it is like looking in the mirror." I am, as I said, happy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Martha, Both the painting and the
stained glass window are beautiful.
It was a glorious day for running and biking, and "leaf raking".
EB

Anonymous said...

martha, i love the stained glass and the picture of bailey. what a fantastic thing for her to say to you about the painting. you go, girl! looks like your weather was marvelous.
patti in florida
pleal@cfl.rr.com

Anonymous said...

I surely understand the soreness after what used to be such easy exercise! Lovely painting!

Anonymous said...

Martha ,
i know I am late on this but I love your painting ! You are so talented ! Bless you
Caroline Van Maele