Friday, January 28, 2011

sewing kit for hand piecing. 
closed
I challenged myself and came up with this book like kit. It is growing on me.  I love making these things but so far the perfect one eludes me.
Storm at Sea 
     All the blocks are finished and ready to be arranged and assembled. I am thinking I will try to group the color values and use the lighter ones in the center. 
     I used Linda Franz' Inklingo to print the shapes on my fabric using my home printer. If you have not visited her website, you are missing out on a great resource. For the curious, there are some free selections to get you started. And tons of beautiful photos to entice and inspire. And of course there is the inimitable and dashing Monkey. You will just have to drop in see for yourself.

4 comments:

Susan In Texas said...

Well, I really like your sewing book. With that big polka dot, it's kinda retro 60s on the outside, and homey on the inside - what a nice mix and useful to boot.

Happy quilting,
Susan in Texas

Joan said...

I do like your sewing book - and WOW those Storm at Sea blocks re wonderful - I do love your colours.

Cyndi said...

I see you'd already answered my question (from my email) about how you did the blocks - inklingo. I hated making the templates, like I said. I bet the inklingo was MUCH easier. The quilt is lovely.

quiltcontemplation blogspot said...

Inklingo is soooo much easier!