Sunday, January 16, 2011

digital doodles

This quilt needs corners so I painted some. I used a vase, whose picture I took at the met during our last walk around. I was enchanted by the shape of it and did a small oil pastel of it, and did some smaller mandalla type things and then photoshopped it until I stumbled upon a color that I liked.It reminds me of the beautiful Indian panels that we used to have in the 70's. I have seen some of them around lately. The original was dark blue. I uploaded the newly colored pictures into Spoonflower and walla. A digital age rendering of an ancient blue flowered vase. Yes it will be very bright. I am a little afraid;) but I am going to finish this quilt one way or the other.




3 comments:

Cathi said...

Oooh, I love those colours! So perfect for those blocks and this time of year!

Elly D said...

These are my favourite colour combinations :)

Susan In Texas said...

I love the colors too. I think you have a real winner there!

Happy quilting,
Susan in Texas