Thursday, January 27, 2011

and then there was more snow


Storm at Sea-four more blocks added and four more to go.
  Once I have the last four blocks made, I will do some rearranging to balance the colors and spread out the ones with the snails tail centers. I am using Linda Franz' revolutionary Inklingo program to print  the shapes directly onto the fabrics. The quilt will be five  blocks by five blocks,  My wall is not big enough to spread them all out. I will not be quilting this myself because it may never get finished and I have enough unquilted tops. There are a few that I do not love (see the one on the upper left-hiding there?) and I am deciding if I should simply make do or do them over.
My collection of hand dyes has been put to good use and I am happy to say that I used at least half of it. What is left is the reds family and many oranges pinks etc which will go nicely into another quilt--maybe a red and pink posie quilt?  or a red and white quilt? something to think about.
I have four more days off. I could finish two quilts in that time. The Jane Austen quilt needs a border and that is it.  I also did some leader ending style piecing of  another triangle scrap quilt that is on my other wall. It would be nice to have that done this year. And so you have it, My vacation plans...


snow fell during the night and there is a nice layer of ice underneath.

No comments: